Death is a great teacher. One of the most profound lessons we have learned caring for our patients and their loved ones is that we all have something to pass on, and it’s never too soon to start thinking and talking about what you want that to be.
We will all leave a legacy. Some are grand and public: new institutions, scientific breakthroughs, and groundbreaking philosophies. Others are personal and intimate such as an heirloom recipe, a love of gardening, a favorite book, a treasured piece of jewelry. All are great gifts that impart the love and values of their creators beyond a single lifetime.
Learn about legacy cooking from Alive volunteer and holistic chef Laura Lea.
Let us help you find and share your legacy.
Give your family the gift of conversation
Learn more about free advance care plan resources from Alive.
- Local Leaders Open Up About Living Their Legacy
- Alive Volunteer Shares Her Incredible Love Story with Local News
- Caring for Pop in His Final Weeks Leads to Legacy for Alive Board Member
- Alive Patient’s Work on Display at Cumberland University
- Holistic Chef and Alive Volunteer Laura Lea Shares a Delicious Legacy
- Reflection on Legacy from Dr. Barton
- Reflection on Legacy from Lynn Barton
Share this page
Start a Legacy Conversation
What do you want your legacy to be? This set of conversation cards will help get you started. Talk to your loved ones, and find out what matters most to them. Reflect on what you want to share with the world, and tell others. Order your set of cards from our shop or download a PDF version for FREE.