We provide personalized care to more than 3,600 patients and their families annually (more than 430 a day) and grief support services for nearly 600 adults and children in Middle Tennessee.
But our work goes far beyond the numbers. The heart of Alive is the love, compassion, and personalized service we bring to every patient and family in our care.
We envision a world where dying is a sacred experience. Where time is set aside to feel gratitude for one’s life, to heal emotional wounds, and to say goodbye to loved ones. A world where everyone receives personalized care, where caregivers and those facing loss are supported, and no one has to die alone.
We provide loving care to people with life-threatening illnesses, support to their families, and service to the community in a spirit of enriching lives.
We Strive To
- Lead the way in all aspects of end-of-life care and resources.
- Create cultural change so that the end of life is no longer taboo but accepted as a meaningful component of the human experience.
- Excellent care begins with the personal – patient and family values – and includes holistic support.
- We enable patients to live as well as possible until the very end, focusing on what matters to them and making the most of precious time with those they love.
- Everyone deserves loving care and dignity at the end of life.
- Death is a natural and sacred part of life.
- Making it personal: authentic relationships are the foundation of great care, tailored to the individual.
- Honesty and integrity in all we say and do.
- Compassion: for those we serve and each other.
- Respect and dignity for all.
- Highly skilled staff, motivated to achieve personal and professional growth.
- Accountability: to society, our community, and each other.
- Responsible stewardship of the resources with which we have been entrusted.
- Continuous pursuit of organizational excellence.
- Teamwork to achieve our vision and mission, and to support our values
Statement of Inclusiveness
As the only not-for-profit, community-based hospice in Middle Tennessee, Alive never turns anyone away, regardless of ability to pay, insurance status, race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Alive is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization that provides compassionate end-of-life care, palliative care, bereavement support, and community education. Alive Hospice is accredited by The Joint Commission and has held its Gold Seal of Approval for many years.