Friends for Life: Planned Giving
We’d love the chance to discuss your interests and goals and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today at 615-250-1333.
Equipping Alive for Generations to Come
Friends for Life is made up of individuals who have made a planned deferred gift to Alive.
A planned gift lasts long beyond a lifetime. It allows you to fulfill your dreams and wishes for our organization and demonstrate your commitment to future generations benefiting from our services.
We are grateful you’re interested in learning about the impact of estate planning and the benefits of charitable gift planning. We’ve found that our planned gift donors want to do something special for Alive because they care deeply about our organization, and they want to make a difference in the world—both now and in the future.
Friends for Life Giving Society
If you’ve already designated Alive in your will, please contact us so we can personally thank you for your exceptional generosity.
Planned Giving Options
A planned gift may be as simple as naming Alive as a beneficiary of your will, 401(k), IRA, pension fund, insurance policy, trust. A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make: You can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to Alive as part of your estate plan—a specific dollar amount, percentage of your estate, balance of your estate, or as the beneficiary of certain assets.
Other donors may consider a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, which provides income or tax benefits to the donor.
Alive is committed to protecting and preserving your planned gift. Our board and staff have decades of experience in adhering to the highest ethical standards and practicing disciplined financial oversight, ensuring a sustainable business model and resources far into the future. And our commitment to transparency includes providing access to appropriate and accurate information regarding finances, operations, and results.
We encourage everyone considering a planned gift to consult legal and/or financial professionals of their choosing. They can help to answer your questions, such as:
- Which gift is right for you?
- Which gifts are completely free of estate and other taxes?
- Which gifts are subject to estate or income taxes for you or your heirs?
Planned Giving Documents
- Alive’s Guidelines for Planned Gift Acceptance
- Alive’s Planned Gift Statement of Intent for membership in “Friends for Life” Donor Society
- Bequest: Sample letter for request sent to your attorney
- Example: Charitable Endowment Insurance Policy Letter of Instruction
- Bequest Illustrative document with language for a fund in will, existing or new
- View complete Giving Docs online