Alive Grief Support Services
To make an appointment or inquire
about our services:
Contact us by calling the Alive Hospice Griefline at 615-963-4732.
About Our Grief Counselors
Office locations: Nashville, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Lebanon
As part of our mission of service to the community, Alive Hospice has offered professional grief support in Middle Tennessee since 1975. We serve everyone in the community who can benefit from grief support, regardless of whether their loved one was our patient. Alive Hospice offers a variety of programs for adults and children. Together with the griever, we develop a customized care plan taking into account individual needs and circumstances. Each of our counselors has a minimum of 15 years of direct counseling experience with bereaved clients.
Did you know?
Around 40% of our grief support clients had no prior connection to Alive Hospice, such as a loved one who received hospice care. Our services are available to anyone who has been touched by the loss of a loved one.
How We Help
- Individual counseling: One-on-one sessions with Master's Level Grief Counselors. Up to 30 sessions are free of charge to family and friends of Alive Hospice patients. A fee is charged for those whose loved one was not a patient of Alive Hospice. No one is denied service for inability to pay.
- Support groups: Eight-week sessions facilitated by professional counselors in various locations. In addition to our individual counseling services, Alive Grief Support Services facilitates quarterly support groups for those who been affected by the death of a loved one. These groups are limited in size, and organized according to the type of loss experienced. Professional counselors facilitate these eight-week groups.
- Group memorial services for families and friends of patients served by Alive Hospice
- Children’s grief services: Summer day camps in Nashville and Murfreesboro, annual overnight retreat for teens, specialized counseling and group support
- Bereavement care notes sent for one year to the families and friends of patients served by Alive Hospice
- Holiday grief seminars open to the public
- Grief in the Workplace sessions
- Educational presentations to professional and community organizations
Our services are not reimbursed through third-party payment and we rely chiefly on grants and donations to pay for the cost of our programs. We ask our clients to contribute as follows:
- For families and friends of Alive Hospice patients: Up to 30 free private counseling sessions with additional sessions at $30
- For all others: $30 per session
Eight-week support groups
$40 for ALL participants
Children's day camps
$30 for three days (Financial aid is available.)
Teen retreat weekend
$50 for three days, two nights (Financial aid is available.)
As part of Alive Hospice’s commitment, we serve all who request our care and can reduce or waive all grief support fees for those who cannot afford them.
Summer Grief Camps
Alive Hospice Summer Camps are a safe place for kids ages 6-14 who are grieving the death of someone important in their lives. It is open to ANY child who has experienced a significant loss, regardless of whether the person he/she is mourning received care from Alive Hospice.
Facilitated by Alive Hospice Grief Counselors and other Alive Hospice staff members.
Alive Hospice Grief Support Groups are open to anyone who has lost a loved one, regardless of whether the person you've lost was an Alive Hospice patient. In fact, 33% of our clients had no previous connection to Alive Hospice.