Adult Hospice Care
Alive Hospice is here with specialized care for anyone with a limited life expectancy, regardless of illness or age. The team works to make sure all physical, emotional and spiritual needs are met.
Alive Hospice offers five levels of hospice care:
- Routine Care – Routine hospice care can be provided in private homes, independent and assisted-living facilities, group homes and skilled nursing facilities. Our team will design a care plan that cares for the patient and minimizes stress for the caregivers. Alive Hospice provides medications, equipment and treatments that are related to the patient’s hospice diagnosis and included in the plan of care.
- Respite Care – Respite care is up to five consecutive days of care provided in an Alive Hospice inpatient unit or a contracted nursing facility. This level of care is available to provide relief for the patient’s caregiver.
- General Inpatient Care– Often referred to as GIP, this level of care is provided in an Alive Hospice inpatient unit or a contracted nursing facility. This is intensive hospice care that is intended to be short term if the patient’s symptoms cannot be managed in another care setting, or a higher level of treatment monitoring is required. Once the patient’s symptoms are controlled, the patient will return to the level of care and living situation that meets his/her needs.
- Continuous Care – This level of care is intensive hospice care that takes place in the patient’s home with the goal of managing acute symptoms at home. Continuous care is intended to be short term and intensive during periods of crisis. Criteria for this level of care are the same as the criteria for GIP.
- Residential Care – This level of care is routine hospice care that is provided at the Alive Hospice Residence. Since most insurance providers do not cover room and board costs, a two-week prepayment is required upon entering the facility.
Pediatric Hospice Care
Named for the beautiful monarch butterfly, our Alive Monarchs program helps families find strength when their children face serious and life-threatening illnesses. This program is one of the few hospice care providers for perinatal and pediatric patients in the nation and the only dedicated team in Middle Tennessee
The Alive Monarchs team, along with your child’s existing health care providers, develops a plan of care specific to the needs of your child. This individualized plan includes pain and symptom management and addresses the social and spiritual concerns of your family. By utilizing this comprehensive method of care, we enable children to do the things they love for as long as they are able.
The Alive Monarchs team offers compassionate support to parents who have learned during pregnancy that their baby has a life-limiting condition. Beginning at the time of diagnosis, a member of the team works with the parents to create a birth plan and then communicates that plan to the hospital staff prior to birth. If the baby is able to go home, perinatal care also provides a seamless transition to hospice care.
For more information about Alive Monarchs, please call 615-327-1085.
"Our Alive Hospice physician looked at me and said, 'Caroline still has joy in her life.' I quickly learned that part of what our hospice team would do for us was to share in that joy, to relish all the good days and moments with us. Where many people looking at our lives saw only hurt and loss, our Alive Hospice team recognized that joy truly co-existed with sadness in all the corners of Caroline's life. That was much to be cherished about those final months."
--Alison Kirk, served by the Monarchs Program at Alive Hospice