Published on April 23, 2022
Appreciate Moms and Support Alive!
- Join us at Green Door Gourmet’s Spring Market April 30 and May 1. We’re selling butterfly houses alongside local artisans & enjoying live music by local high schoolers, Fly to the Sun.
- On April 30th, Nook Living (owned by Alive nurse Marc Vera) is donating 10% of in-store and online sales to Alive just in time for Mother’s Day.
- On May 7, remember mom by creating a one-of-a-kind windchime at our Mother’s Day Memory Chimes workshop.
- Buy a mom a gift from Judith Bright’s Butterfly Collection, 15% goes to Alive!
- Save the dates for our butterfly releases in June.
Scroll down for links, and read the story of a mom’s legacy from the daughter of an Alive patient.
Shop online or visit the store at 11853 Lebanon Road in Mount Juliet, TN on April 30 for unique art, jewelry, clothing, cards, books, and so much more!
“Seeing the nurses and the impact they had on families really struck me…I knew I wanted to work specifically in hospice to help families through that.”
– Marc Vera, Alive RN and Owner of Nook Living.
Green Door Gourmet’s Spring Market
What: We are selling butterfly houses at Green Door’s Spring Market, a FREE, family-friendly market, supporting local food, artists, and crafts
When: Apr 30, 10 a.m. – May 1, 4 p.m.; Fly to the Sun band will perform April 30 at 1 p.m.
Where: Green Door Gourmet
7007 River Road Pike
Nashville, TN 37209
Legacy of a Mother and Artist: Soroush Sanai-Araghi
We were honored to care for Soroush Sanai-Araghi in 2021. Susan Hyatt-Birnholz, her daughter, was kind enough to share her mother Soroush’s legacy with us. “Sharing my mom’s talents, wisdom, and legacy means everything to me…” Read on for more.
Remembrance Day Series: Mother’s Day Memorial Chimes
Join us 5/7 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. to create a one-of-a-kind windchime to honor your mother’s legacy with found objects and mementos. All ages and abilities are welcome. A suggested donation of $5/ person to cover the cost of materials is appreciated. Register here.
Save the date for Alive’s Memorial Butterfly Releases!
6/11 in Murfreesboro and 6/18 in Nashville.
Deadlines to order butterflies:
Murfreesboro, May 31
Nashville, June 6.
Butterfly houses are also on sale! Alive butterfly houses represent the space we hold in our hearts for loving and remembering those close to us who have died. Order yours, and give one as a gift!