Earn Six CEs in Children’s Grief and Lunch!
Published on September 21, 2023
We invite you to join Alive’s Grief Center for a one-day conference on November 9 for local clinicians, teachers, and community members who want to enhance their skills and learn about the latest research and clinical developments in working with grieving children and teens. Learn from experts in the field, and enjoy a free lunch along with fun opportunities to learn about Unscripted Improv!
*Mental health providers can receive six (6) Continuing Education hours for this event.
Tennessee Conference on Children’s Grief has been approved by NBCC for NBCC credit. Alive is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Approval No. SP-4379.
When: Thursday, November 9 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: The Honey Alexander Center at Family and Children’s Services, 2400 Clifton Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
Parking: Additional parking at Mt. Nebo church located next door Cost: $75 (Includes lunch from Apple Spice)
- Compare current models for the conceptualization of grief in children.
- Differentiate typical vs. traumatic, complex grief response and identify strategies of support applicable for both circumstances.
- Recognize evidence-based approaches to working with bereaved youth from a developmental perspective.
- Demonstrate six unique expressive arts activities appropriate for use in the clinical setting.
To learn more and register, visit AliveHospice.org/Conference
- Kate Atwood, Founder, Kate’s Club: Reframing Grief for Children
- Mara Giovanni, MSW, Kali Connection Therapy: The Use and Benefit of a Somatic Approach for Grieving Youth
- Patti Van Eys, PhD, Van Eys Mental Health, LLC: The Complexity and Reality of Grief and Loss in Young Grievers
- Annemarie Sears, LMFT, BSN: Lessons from Covenant and Beyond: Supporting Children, Teens, and Families After a Community Tragedy
For more resources, visit: AliveHospice.org/Conference
Questions? Please contact: Laura Gay Clark, Alive’s Mission Based Services Program Manager, email@example.com | 615-679-4328