Alive Grief Support Services
As part of our mission of service to the community, Alive Hospice has offered professional grief support in Middle Tennessee since 1975. We serve everyone in the community who can benefit from grief support, regardless of whether their loved one was our patient. Alive Hospice offers a variety of programs for adults and children. Together with the griever, we develop a customized care plan taking into account individual needs and circumstances.
To make an appointment or inquire about our services:
Contact us by completing an interest form, calling the Alive Griefline at 615-963-4732, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office locations: Franklin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Murfreesboro, Nashville
Did you know?
Around 40% of our grief support clients had no prior connection to Alive Hospice, such as a loved one who received hospice care. Our services are available to anyone who has been touched by the loss of a loved one.
About Our Grief Counselors
How We Help
- Bereavement care notes sent for one year to the families and friends of patients served by Alive Hospice
- Grief 101
- Support groups: Eight-week sessions facilitated by professional counselors in various locations. In addition to our individual counseling services, Alive Grief Support Services facilitates quarterly support groups for those who been affected by the death of a loved one. These groups are limited in size, and organized according to the type of loss experienced. Professional counselors facilitate these eight-week groups.
- Group memorial services for families and friends of patients served by Alive Hospice
- Children’s grief services: Summer day camps in Nashville and Murfreesboro, annual overnight retreat for teens, specialized counseling and group support, Family Grief Nights, and Little Hearts Club
- Quarterly workshops
- Holiday grief seminars open to the public
- Individual counseling: One-on-one sessions with Master's Level Grief Counselors. Up to 26 sessions are free of charge to family and friends of Alive Hospice patients. A fee is charged for those whose loved one was not a patient of Alive Hospice. No one is denied service for inability to pay.
- Grief in the Workplace sessions
- Educational presentations to professional and community organizations
Our services are not reimbursed through third-party payment and we rely chiefly on grants and donations to pay for the cost of our programs. We ask our clients to contribute as follows:
- For families and friends of Alive Hospice patients: Up to 26 free private counseling sessions with additional sessions at $30
- For all others: $30 per session
Eight-week support groups
$40 for all participants
$30 for three days (Financial aid is available.)
Teen retreat weekend
$50 for three days, two nights (Financial aid is available.)
As part of Alive Hospice’s commitment, we serve all who request our care and can reduce or waive all grief support fees for those who cannot afford them.