Center for Education, Outreach, Innovation & Advocacy
The Alive Institute is a new initiative launched by Alive Hospice to promote excellence and advance the field of hospice and palliative care. Through the Institute, Alive will share its considerable gifts with the health care community and the community-at-large through education, outreach, innovation and advocacy with an initial focus on education and training. Feel free to contact Judy Orr, Vice President of Mission Based Services, with questions.
To advance our goal of excellence by:
- Offering a comprehensive orientation, on-board training and continuing education program for Alive Hospice staff
- Developing and refining best practices for hospice care, palliative care, management of advanced disease and grief support
- Cultivating an environment which stimulates learning and innovation among Alive Hospice staff
- Disseminating best practices and lessons learned to advance the practice at Alive Hospice and advance the field of hospice and palliative care.
Vice President of Mission Based Services
Betsy Bond, RN
Director of Education
Community Relations Manager
The Alive Institute offers a variety of educational programs each month. Please visit our Community Events Calendar or Educational Events listing to learn more.
Alive Institute Advisory Committee
Granbery Jackson III, Chair
David Barton, M.D., Founder
Lynn Barton, LCSW, Co-Founder
Steve Heyman, M.D.
Howard Jones, M.D.
Joseph C. Moss
Anna-Gene O'Neal, President & CEO
Jan van Eys, M.D.
Warren McPherson, M.D., Board Chair
Training in End-of-Life Conversations
The Alive SHARE program is an immersive simulation training experience for Physicians, Health Care Professionals, and for Students of Medicine, Health Sciences, and other fields who have an interest in end-of-life care.
Made possible with generous support from The Memorial Foundation, The Alive Institute Simulation Lab can accelerate the learning process for health care professionals and lead to better experiences for patients and families.
Learn More About Alive SHARE
Observational experiences for health care professionals
(medicine, nursing, social work, chaplains, pharmacists)
Currently, Alive Hospice offers observational experiences for students enrolled in professional health care programs at Belmont University, Lipscomb University, Meharry Medical College, Middle Tennessee State University, Motlow Community College, Vanderbilt University and University of Tennessee.
Spending time under the direct supervision of a health care professional at Alive Hospice will provide a student the opportunity to:
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides loving care to people with life-threatening illnesses.
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides support to our patients' families.
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides service to the community in a spirit of enriching lives.
Please contact us if you are interested in having an observation experience with Alive Hospice, or if you are from another university and are interested in having an observational experience.
Contact us at: 615-327-1085.
Advance Care Planning
Download our Gift Initiative advance care planning packet
Order a FREE Gift Initiative advance care planning packet
Visit the Gift Initiative website