Alive Hospice's Center for Education, Outreach, Innovation & Advocacy
The Alive Institute is a new initiative launched by Alive Hospice to promote excellence and advance the field of hospice and palliative care. Through the Institute, Alive will share its considerable gifts with the health care community and the community-at-large through education, outreach, innovation and advocacy with an initial focus on education and training. Feel free to contact Kathi Lindstrom, Alive Institute Senior Director of Simulation Training and Professional Development, with questions.
To advance our goal of excellence by:
- Offering a comprehensive orientation, on-board training and continuing education program for Alive Hospice staff
- Developing and refining best practices for hospice care, palliative care, management of advanced disease and grief support
- Cultivating an environment which stimulates learning and innovation among Alive Hospice staff
- Disseminating best practices and lessons learned to advance the practice at Alive Hospice and advance the field of hospice and palliative care.
Kathi Lindstrom, Ph.D., FNP-BC, ACHPN, HSMI
Senior Director of Simulation Training and Professional Development
Betsy Bond, RN
Director of Education
Community Relations Manager
Fourth Friday of most months, 12-1 p.m.
A monthly series of free educational programs about various aspects of the end of life. Held the fourth Friday of most months. Click here for upcoming dates and programs.
Nov. 2, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Formerly known as the Faith Leaders Conference on End-of-Life Care, this free symposium is open to all who have an interest in end-of-life care: worship community leaders, chaplains, lay leaders, health care professionals, educators and students, government representatives, nonprofit professionals, volunteers and others. The general public is welcome. Click here for more information.
Training in End-of-Life Conversations
The Alive Institute Simulation Lab for End-of-Life Conversations is an immersive training experience for Physicians, Health Care Professionals and for Students of Medicine, Health Sciences and other fields who have an interest in end-of-life care.
Made possible with generous support from The Memorial Foundation, The Alive Institute Simulation Lab can accelerate the learning process for health care professionals and lead to better experiences for patients and families. Click here for more information.
Click Here To Make A Reservation
Observational experiences for health care professionals
(medicine, nursing, social work, chaplains, pharmacists)
Currently, Alive Hospice offers observational experiences for students enrolled in professional health care programs at Belmont University, Lipscomb University, Meharry Medical College, Middle Tennessee State University, Motlow Community College, Vanderbilt University and University of Tennessee.
Spending time under the direct supervision of a health care professional at Alive Hospice will provide a student the opportunity to:
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides loving care to people with life-threatening illnesses
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides support to our patients' families
- have a beginning understanding of how Alive Hospice provides service to the community in a spirit of enriching lives.
If you are interested in having an observation experience with Alive Hospice, or if you are from another university and are interested in having an observational experience, please contact Kathi Lindstrom, PhD, FNP-BC, ACHPN, HSMI, Senior Director of Simulation Training and Professional Development. Dr. Lindstrom can be reached at email@example.com or 615-346-8336.
Alive Institute Advisory Committee
Granbery Jackson III, Chair
David Barton, M.D., Founder
Lynn Barton, LCSW, Co-Founder
Steve Heyman, M.D.
Howard Jones, M.D.
Joseph C. Moss
President & CEO
Jan van Eys, M.D.
Warren McPherson, M.D.,