Save The Date
Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Gaylord Springs Golf Links Clubhouse
18 Springhouse Ln, Nashville, TN 37214
$25 per person
FREE for students
Click Here To Register
Please plan to join us
for Alive Hospice's 2017 Faith & Spirituality Symposium, a day of reflection, discussion and insight into spiritual care and the end of life with resources and beneficial practices.
Formerly known as Alive Hospice's Faith Leaders Conference on End-of-Life Care, this educational event is open to all who have an interest in end-of-life care: worship community leaders, chaplains, lay leaders, health care professionals, educators and students, government representatives, nonprofit professionals, volunteers and others. The general public is welcome.
This year's Symposium will offer:
- Engaging & Insightful Speakers
- Experts from a Variety of Fields & Faith Traditions
- Compelling Topics
- Interfaith Panel on the End of Life
- Keynote Address by Kerry Egan, author of On Living
- Meet & Greet with Kerry Egan (have your book signed!)
- Continental Breakfast & Lunch (catered by Gaylord Springs Golf Links)
- Exhibitors & Information Booths
- Door Prizes
- Reiki and End-of-Life Care
- African-American End-of-Life Traditions and their Roots in Oppression and African Dying Traditions
- End of Life and Grieving in the Jewish Tradition
- Mobile Labyrinth: Helping Veterans Cope with Loss (available throughout the day in the main lobby)
- Embracing Moments of Happiness and Fulfillment in End-Of-Life Care
- And more
* Subject to change. Updates will be posted to this page.
Click Here To Register
Breakfast and Lunch
will be included in cost of registration (catered by Gaylord Springs Golf Links)
If you're interested in reserving a vendor's booth, contact Keith King at 615-346-8418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Keynote Speaker
Kerry Egan is a Harvard Divinity School educated hospice chaplain and the author of On Living, a profoundly moving book about how we give meaning to our lives. An inspiring speaker, Egan talks to audiences of all kinds about some of the people she has met in her work — sharing their stories and reflecting on what they may teach us in our own lives.
Her hospice work has been featured on PBS and CNN, and her essays have appeared in Parents, American Baby, Reader’s Digest and CNN.com, where they have been read more than 2 million times. She and her family live in Columbia, South Carolina.
For more information on this speaker, please visit prhspeakers.com.
Special Opportunity: Meet the Author
Copies of Kerry Egan’s On Living will be available for purchase at the Symposium, and attendees will have the opportunity to have their books signed.
A Program Of
Alive Hospice's Center for Education, Outreach, Innovation and Advocacy