Train to be an Alive CNA!
Are you ready to get on the fast track to a new career in Nashville healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant?
We are seeking motivated, compassionate individuals who want to care for hospice patients in their homes and our in-patient units. We pay for training and certification, and no experience is needed!
How does it work?
- Alive’s Certified Nursing Assistant Scholarship program will pay you to train with us and take the four-week Nursing Assistant certification course at NATS Inc. in Nashville.
- After completing training and passing your certification test, you will join one of our teams caring for patients in their homes or one of our residential in-patient units.
- In exchange, you commit to working with Alive for two years.
- You will receive a sign-on bonus of $2,000 upon passing the certification exam.
- You will also receive a bonus if you pass the exam on the first try.
- Your insurance coverage will begin the first of the month following hire date.
- You will work with a supportive care team and make a huge impact on patients and families.
- You will have the time needed to do your job well and form relationships with those you provide care to.
- You will work with an organization that wants you to succeed and grow. Many of our CNAs have gone on to nursing school while working here.
Love what you do!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does a Certified Nurse’s Aide do?+
Nurse’s Aides assist with the personal care of patients such as bathing, feeding, toileting, and changing beds. They also help with daily activities like walking, sitting, etc. They are the foundation of all our Care teams at Alive and often have close relationships with our patients and families.
What is hospice care?+
Hospice care is a specialized field of medicine that focuses on quality of life and comfort for patients with terminal illnesses. Patients and their loved ones are cared for by an entire team with the goal of maximizing quality of life. Hospice care is designed to help patients live as well as possible until the end. While the care is delivered at the end of life, the focus is on living.
Where will I work?+
Alive serves the twelve counties of Middle Tennessee and has two residences, one in Nashville and one in Murfreesboro. You will be assigned to a home care team or residence team depending on openings and where you are able to travel.
Does Alive value diversity?+
Yes, we do. Our goal is to serve our patients and families as well as possible with the dignity they deserve. This includes honoring their beliefs and traditions. The same is true for our colleagues. One way in which we strive to educate and create a more diverse and cohesive work culture is through our DEI committee.
What is it like to work at Alive?+
Working at Alive means being part of a team supporting patients and their loved ones when they need it most. We are trusted in the community, innovative in our approach and caring and respectful in our relationships.