Saturday, November 10, 2018 | 4–6 pm
Brentwood Library, 8109 Concord Rd., Brentwood, TN 37027
Please join us at our inaugural Celebration of Light event, to be held at dusk, in a beautiful outdoor setting. The glow of candlelight will transform the autumn day and allow a sacred and love-filled memorial.
Our kid-friendly event will take place at the Brentwood Library and adjacent Concord Park. As candles are lit (and glowsticks distributed to young attendees) the names of those being honored will be read aloud. Afterward, we will embark upon a communal walk along the park trail, and our spirits will be lifted by the light brought to us by our loved ones.
- Free and open for anyone to attend and enjoy, even if you do not purchase a luminary.
- Children are welcome and invited to participate in the event.
- A variety of luminaries can be purchased by those who are unable to attend but would still like to contribute.
- Purchased luminaries will be personalized with the loved one’s name on a tag, tied with ribbon.
- Each attendee will receive a vigil candle for the walk. Glow sticks will be available for children.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Purchased luminary items will be available after the walk to take home.
The Celebration of Light is an important fundraiser, for Alive, the only nonprofit hospice in the region.